Monday, August 01, 2005

I Think, Therefore I Believe

I believe a great Unthruth is that peace can be achieved through violence
I believe a man named Jesus existed 2000 years ago
I believe abortion and suicide are personal choices that should not be legislated
I believe abortion and suicide are wrong choices in many cases
I believe all religions are true
I believe America should meet the needs of its citizens
I believe Americans should meet the demands of America
I believe education should be America’s highest priority
I believe I am an American
I believe I can accept the idea of life on other planets
I believe I can be at once pro-choice and pro-life
I believe I don’t pray or meditate enough
I believe if a woman chooses to have an abortion, no one should know but her and her doctor
I believe in God
I believe in prayer and meditation
I believe killing people (murder, war and capital punishment) is morally wrong
I believe making abortions illegal will not prevent abortions from occurring
I believe men wrote the Bible
I believe people have the choice whether or not to commit suicide
I believe people should choose not to own handguns
I believe people should govern themselves
I believe people should not choose to commit suicide
I believe reality exists on many planes
I believe that eating meat is not morally reprehensible
I believe that making suicide illegal has not deterred people from committing suicide
I believe that violence begets violence
I believe that whether or not a person eats meat is a personal choice
I believe the better educated we are, the fewer laws we would need
I believe the way to end abortions is to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place
I believe there is a ‘right path’ for each person and that I have found mine
I don’t believe in predestination
I don’t know how to resolve the two previous statements
I believe there is a common Spirit or God that we ‘return’ to upon death
I believe there is wisdom in the Baghavad Gita
I believe there is wisdom in the Bible
I believe there is wisdom in the Book of Tao
I believe unwanted pregnancies can be avoided through education, birth control and abstinence
I believe we are all accountable for our actions
I believe we are all suffering
I believe we must co-exist with things and living entities we don’t truly understand
I believe women should choose not to have abortions
I do believe in Goodness
I don’t believe affirmative action is necessarily a good thing
I don’t believe anyone really knows what God is
I don’t believe God is a He
I don’t believe God is a She
I don’t believe in “Evil”
I don’t believe in Big Foot or the Abominable Snowman
I don’t believe in heaven or hell per se
I don’t believe in UFOs
I don’t believe individual identities exist spiritually after death
I don’t believe Islam is the religion of the Antichrist
I don’t believe Jesus was immaculately conceived
I don’t believe Jesus will “come again”
I don’t believe people who believe Jesus will “come again to judge the quick and the dead” are self-deluding fools
I don’t believe reparations should be made to African-Americans
I don’t believe the Antichrist will rise from the conflicts in the Middle East
I don’t believe the Bible is the literal word of God
I don’t believe the Bible should be taken literally
I don’t believe the confirmation of life on other planets will occur during my lifetime
I don’t believe the French are despicable
I don’t believe the Loch Ness Monster exists
I don’t believe there is an entity called the Devil, Lucifer or Old Scratch
I don’t know where I stand on Social Security, Medicaid, or what the phrase
the “right to bear arms” should encompass
I believe that war is real blasphemy
Name one instance where peace was achieved through violence
What is reality for a dolphin?

No comments: