I know virtually nothing about science, physics, relativity or golf but I do know a good dream when I have one. And last night’s was a doozy. The fact that I was weightless and could fly was only an incidental perk.
What I woke up realizing—for no apparent reason—is time travel is pretty much an impossibility. Because of the Here and Now. The Here and Now is the constant for all of us. The Now for me is the same Now across the globe, for the richest miser and for the starving child. For the Republican, the Democrat, the Muslim, the Christian, the whale and the walrus, the peanut and that mosquito you’re about to slap.
Maybe there are in fact parallel universes in which my doppelganger is rich, trim and has a mean backhand. But the Now is the Now. And perhaps he’s madly typing away trying to capture some of the light and beauty of the dream he just woke out of.
Where there is consciousness, there is the Now. And the dude who invents a time machine will have to understand that a human sent back in time will be experiencing only a facsimile of the past because his Now will remain the only Now. Our Now. There aren’t several Nows. The past isn’t being experienced as we are experiencing the present and there isn’t a future where someone is about to step into their just-finished time machine for a test drive.
The Here in Here and Now is the variable. We each experience the constant Now from a different vantage point. A different Here. And with that, here is my groggy pre-coffee, post awesome dream thought: if everyone across the globe could concentrate on the same thought at the same point in time and despite disparate locations, amazing things could happen. Real peace could become a reality. If everyone tuned into a single positive vibration (my inner hippie is running free) at the same point in the Now, we might have a better chance of recognizing that God is Us despite what religion and its various books may tell us.
Here and Now, I will have my coffee. Expect more on this to come.
Real peace can be a reality.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment